EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR SERVICE
A service is an opportunity to find out in detail the condition of your car. Follow the maintenance recommendations by servicing your vehicle in a Renault workshop to extend its life span and improve its performance. Go to the Renault Fixed Price Service Menu for fixed service offers or else speak to your Service advisor for a quote.
THE WARNING SIGN
The indicator light on your instrument panel comes on. If you notice this sign, have your vehicle checked in one of our workshops. Our experts are on hand to advise you.
THE RENAULT SOLUTION: WHO CAN MAINTAIN YOUR RENAULT BETTER THAN RENAULT?
Entrusting us with the maintenance of your vehicle means benefiting from fixed prices adapted to your needs at every service for:
- Operations planned in the maintenance programme
- An inspection of the mechanical and electronic operation
A team of specialist technicians will take care of your vehicle to offer you the most appropriate solution. You will therefore be guaranteed a perfect result.
Leave your vehicle in the hands of Renault experts and you will benefit from:
- The expertise of our teams
- A 1-year parts and labour warranty for all services
- Fixed Price Service Menu to guarantee a transparent and clear offer with no surprises.
Some engine components can lose some of their efficiency if the engine is not drained regularly. In the long run, this can lead to risks of mechanical malfunction.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MY WINDSCREEN WIPER BLADES
Windscreen wipers are an essential safety component because they ensure optimum visibility in the front and the rear. They also make a contribution to driver comfort that should not be overlooked. Regular maintenance of your vehicle wiper blades will enable you to maintain your driving comfort and your safety. In order to help you, Renault offers you 2 types of windscreen wipers.
- Scoring, scratches, warping of the windscreen
- Jerks, grabbing noise
- Areas that are not wiped
- Poor visibility in light rain
If you notice one of these signs, have your windscreen wipers checked in one of our workshops. Our experts are on hand to advise you.
In order to ensure visibility in all circumstances, we recommend that you:
- Change your windscreen wipers once a year
- Regularly refill the washer fluid
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MY KEYS
Starting, stopping your vehicle, locking, unlocking your doors, keys make you the sole owner of your vehicle. They generally offer safety from theft with an immobilizer.
For your peace of mind Renault offers you:
- Get an additional key at a competitive price directly when purchasing a new vehicle.
For further information please contact your closest dealer.
THE SIGNS THAT DO NOT LIE
- You cannot enter the passenger compartment unless you break in: your key is broken, you have lost your key
- The car ECU does not permit you to start the vehicle
- You notice a faint reaction from your key (symptom of a worn out key)
THE RENAULT SOLUTION
If you have a problem with your Renault key visit one of our workshops.
Our experts have a solution whatever the type of key compatible with your vehicle: metallic keys, key cards and hands-free key cards. To this end, Renault manufactures everything that opens with a key in a car (anti-theft, locks, lock barrels, etc.) and programs the transmitters and key cards.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE OIL CHANGE FOR YOUR VEHICLE
The oil change is a key stage in the life of a vehicle. Following the deadlines set by the manufacturer will enable you to optimise performance and longevity.
A regular oil change will enable you to:
- Lubricate the mechanical parts and prevent their corrosion
- Clean the engine
- Ensure the engine is sealed
- Cool the engine
THE WARNING SIGN
- The Oil indicator light on your instrument panel comes on.
If you notice this sign, have your vehicle's oil changed in one of our workshops. Our experts are on hand to advise you.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR TYRES
Tyres are part of the "Safety Triangle" along with brakes and shock absorbers. They are the only point of contact between your vehicle and the road!
- Insufficient pressure in the tyres
- A used or deformed tyre tread
- Vibrations in the steering wheel or unusual noises in the passenger compartment
- A tendency of the vehicle to go to one side instead of going straight
In order not to damage your tyres and ensure your safety, we recommend that you carry out:
- A cold pressure check every month and before every long journey
- A regular check of the wear of your tyres using the wear indicator located in the tyre grooves
- The changing of your tyres in pairs in case of wear have the new tyres fitted in the rear
- The balancing and parallelism adjustment if needed
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT AIR CONDITIONING
Air conditioning is far more than hot or cold air. Demisting efficiently, treating the air, regulating the temperature as you want it, air conditioning has an important role in your car.
- You notice a decrease in the efficiency of the cooling or heating of the passenger compartment
- You have allergies (sneezing, coughing, irritation) when you use it
- The passenger compartment smells unpleasantly
- Condensation remains on the windows
If you notice one of these signs, have your air conditioning checked in one of our workshops. Our experts are on hand to advise you.
In order to maintain your air conditioning as best as possible, we recommend that you:
- Observe the servicing intervals in your maintenance programme to change the passenger compartment filter
- Perform a check and a disinfection of the air conditioning system every year
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BRAKING
Brakes are used during every journey and they are one of the most important elements in your vehicle. By regularly maintaining your brakes, you will maintain your safety, that of your passengers as well as that of other road-users. This is why Renault offers you various fixed prices.
- Extended braking distance
- Your brake pedal is vibrating
- Your pedal becomes stuck in the air
- Your car veers to one side when braking
If you notice one of these signs, have your brakes checked in one of our workshops. Our experts are on hand to advise you.
In order to maintain your braking system as best as possible and ensure your safety, we recommend that you:
- Have your front and rear brake pads and discs checked every service intervals.
- Have your brake fluid changed every 90 000km or 4 years, except the Koleos every 60 000km or 2 years.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SHOCK ABSORBERS
Shock absorbers are part of the "Safety Triangle" along with brakes and tyres. They are continuously in use, therefore it is very important to have them checked regularly to ensure good road-holding and driving comfort.
- Extended braking distance
- You notice an unusually quick wear of your tyres
- Your car knocks when you go over a bump
If you notice one of these signs, have your shock absorbers checked in one of our workshops. Our experts are on hand to advise you.
In order to maintain your shock absorbers for as long as possible, we recommend that you:
- Have them checked at every service
- Inspect the front and rear shock absorbers for leaks
- Perform a geometry check when changing shock absorbers
- Replace the bump stop kits at the same time as your shock absorbers (more safety and no additional labour).
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR EXHAUST SYSTEM
Maintaining your exhaust system means reducing your fuel consumption and its emissions. This is why Renault offers you adapted solutions.
- Unusual noise when starting or when on the road
- Excessive fuel consumption
- Black smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe
- A sudden decrease in power
If you notice one of these signs, have your exhaust system checked in one of our workshops. Our experts are on hand to advise you.
In order to maintain your vehicle as best as possible and preserve your comfort, we recommend that you:
- Have your exhaust system checked at every service
- Have the condition of wear of the exhaust pipe, the silencer, the expansion chamber, the particle filter and mountings checked at the same time
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR TIMING BELT
The timing belt ensures the synchronisation between the upper and lower parts of the engine. The consequences in case of wear may be serious, going up to the engine breaking. Renault offers you some fixed prices so that you do not reach this stage.
ANTICIPATING THE RISKS
Generally, a worn out timing belt does not give any warnings. And often, when the warning signs appear, it is already too late.
If relevant to your vehicle, have your timing belt checked in one of our workshops. Our experts are on hand to advise you.
In order to optimise the life span of your engine, we recommend that you:
- Follow the maintenance programme for your vehicle
Warning: a worn out belt gives no warning!